Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cling Unto Him

Yesterday, Sunset Carolina (one of my cats), was very eager to spend time with me. She is around six years of age and as a small kitten was abandoned on our property. I held her upon my lap for three-to-four days as she regained her strength. As a baby she was taken from her mother prior to being taught any manners. This is why when she snuggles she digs her claws into me, all the whild wildly purring. As I watched her, it occured to me she was clinging to me just like I am to cling to God. She desired affection from me, comfort and love~ isn't this what we all desire, especially from our Heavenly Father? Are we clinging to God, digging in our nails desperately desiring time with Him? Did He not take nail willingly into His feet and wrists willingly? Let us learn from Sunset Carolina the lesson of clinging~Love God with all our might, digging into and unto Him for affection, direction, comfort and love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I don't have enough sense to cling to him. So I am thankful that his love clings to me.